Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Can I really be a runner? Really? Can I?

I've been running since May, 2010, but I still doubt myself, a lot.  Even after everything I've done, I still question my sanity and wonder if this is just a fad I'm going through that I just haven't quit... Yet.

I'm a daddy of 5, a husband, a scout master, a homeowner with a house and yard that need my attention, not to mention the cars that need my attention, I have a full time job, and I could find tons more excuses and higher priorities.  Now add "Blogger" to the equation?

When do I really have time to "go for a run", much less blog?

And, yet... I do.  Sometimes other things have to get put on the back burner for an hour or so for sanity sake.

And... I have the best wife ever who supports me and encourages me to continue.  When I'm having a bad day, she is the first one to tell me "get out and go for a run".  Even when finances are tight, she says "Go for it.  Sign up for that race.  You can do it."  Plus, despite her health issues, she has discovered that she wants to be a runner also and is currently training for her first RAGNAR in SoCal.  If you happen across team Horns & Halos, ask for Wendy and cheer her on.  I know I'm proud of her accomplishments.  I'm a lucky guy to have her.

I'll get into when, how, and why I started running, in another entry, soon.

Until then... Go for a run.  You'll feel better.

2 comments: